Open Your Doors to
Select Trail 2018
5 – 6 & 12 – 13 May 2018
Everyone working in Arts & Crafts and Fine & Applied Arts in Stroud and the Stroud Valleys, Gloucestershire, and beyond is invited to join.
The opportunities that Select Trail 2018 offers include increased sales for participating artists, networking, collaborations, pop-up events, press coverage, a luxury Select Trail brochure for promotion to collectors, investors, retailers, buyers, press, tourists, brands, designers and for provenance and archives; exposure to international curators, art agencies, retailers and buyers via our new social media marketing campaign, expanding our artists’ client lists, mailing lists, followers, ‘likes’, dialogue, algorithms and enquiries; online branding and promotion by our new curator, Emma Neuberg, as well as a dynamic internet and social media presence to be launched next month driving more interested traffic and sales to all our artists. And, did we mention a two page, full colour spread on YOU in the newly curated brochure?
“With the new website, new social marketing strategy linking Select Trail 2018 with inspirational brands and global influencers, a new pop-up events schedule, new international Guest Artists joining the exciting roster of artists and artisans opening their studio doors and much more, Select Trail 2018 is poised to be the best so far!”
At the heart of our vision, there is a bigger picture too that includes a wide reach and scope. With this in mind, we aim to:
- Galvanize and promote the ‘maker movement’ across the region, nationally and internationally.
- Stimulate opportunities for participating artists and their immediate and overlapping communities.
- Promote creativity in Gloucestershire and across the UK in an integrative visual art and craft dialogue pulling in everyone from far and wide.
- Generate business for creative industries in the region and nationally.
- Arouse tourism in the region.
- Stimulate visitor footfall and expenditure in the region.
- Promote the relationship between beautiful natural landscape and inspiration and creativity.
- Promote the relationship between outdoor lifestyles with creative practice such as ceramics, wood-working, weaving and needle-felting.
- Promote good mental health, relaxation and bonding through creative practice and community.
- Promote the personal and international stories of cross-cultural craft.
- Stimulate educational reach through engaging pop-up activities and online inspiration enabling new contacts, connections and business opportunities for the artists and local enterprise.
- Stimulate the “march of the makers” for the important SME role in the economy.
- Enable new skills, apprenticeships and employment opportunities.
- Link in with galleries, museums and institutions for exhibitions, publications and educational opportunities.
- Attract links with sustainable development opportunities leading to exemplar cases of circular economies and much more.
Feel free to contact us with your questions and queries here: Contact us.
Pictured: MacGregor & Michael
Photography credits: see below.